Changes Coming to the Ameren Retiree Medical Program
If you’ve retired from Ameren, you may have been notified that your retiree benefits will be changing, effective January 1, 2019. In fact, you may have already received a letter from the Aon Retiree Health Exchange about these changes, along with an invitation to purchase Medicare benefits through their retiree health exchange.
While it may seem like you are required to purchase everything through Aon, we’re happy to tell you that you have options. If you would prefer to work with a local, family-owned company with a hands-on and personalized approach, you can do that.
We all know that there is no such thing as “one-size-fits-all,” especially when it comes to Medicare and health insurance. Working with a Sams/Hockaday agent can give you personalized options and save you money on products that you may not be able to get somewhere else and that offer the exact same coverage.
Let’s look at a few ways you can save time and money by working with a local Sams/Hockaday agent while getting the same coverage offered by Aon Health Exchange or other:
- Sams/Hockaday is full-service agency and we know there can be complications and delays when completing reimbursement forms and requests. Being your local agency, we will handle your reimbursement request forms for you and for your spouse. All you will need to do is sign and we’ll take care of the rest, at no additional charge.
Prescription Drug plans:
- As a specialist in this field, we will sit down with you and take your exact medications into consideration when looking at your options for a drug plan. We will show you all of the options available, not just a select few. We will help you choose the right plan for you and your budget.
Medicare Supplement Insurance:
- Sams/Hockaday has access to many different carriers and not just a select few - this way, you get more options and better prices.
We understand the carriers, their requirements and underwriting guidelines.
What you need to know about passing health questions:
- Your options open up if you can pass a carrier's initial health questions
- Not all plans require you to pass health questions
- And not all health conditions will disqualify you from all plans and carriers
Since Sams/Hockaday works with many different Medicare plans and carriers, we can give you many more options and help you choose the one that best fits your needs and budget - at the same price as if you were to buy direct.
Reasons to consider your options before your Ameren benefits change
- Choosing Sams/Hockaday opens up access to many more carriers than are available through Aon Retiree Health Exchange. While Medicare Supplement coverage is standardized, premiums are not. In many cases, we represent carriers who offer lower premiums for identical coverage.
- Choosing Sams/Hockaday gives you a local, family-owned company that has been helping seniors find the best insurance coverage for over 30 years.
- Sams/Hockaday is full-service. We’ll handle your reimbursement request forms for you and your spouse. All you need to do is sign and we’ll take care of the rest, at no additional charge.
If you’re confused about the whole topic, you can contact us online for a free consultation or you can call us at at (800) 284-7267.
We’ll be happy to walk you through the plans in detail and explain how it all works.
Get Your Medicare Planner
Using our planner takes the headache out of Medicare… because it’s personalized just for you, showing you what areas you need to focus on right away, or in upcoming years, and what you can ignore.Get My Planner